Willow Tea Room tea towel
Detail from the doors within the Willow Tea Room, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow.
Opened in 1903, the tea room was commissioned by Kate Cranston, a leading patron of Mackintoshs work, famed for her progressive approach to design and the owner of several well known Glasgow tea rooms. The Willow Tea Room became the most complete of the tea room designs, and to this day remains a striking testimony to the artistic style of Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
Printed black on unbleached cotton