Did you know?
- Get ready for two hours of heart pounding, fast paced family entertainment when the 10th annual Okanagan Military Tattoo returns to Vernon, British Columbia on July 29 & 30, 2023.
- The Tattoo is an event that will stir the heart and feed the soul. It’s Vernon’s largest annual indoor event and western North America’s only Military Tattoo.
- Traditionally, Military Tattoos have provided an opportunity for civilians to witness the precision and professionalism of those who have dedicated their lives to the defence and security of their country. In recent times, Tattoos have become more inclusive with civilians participating in athletics, bands, dancing and choirs.
- The term Tattoo evolved from a European tradition dating back to the 17th century when the Low Country innkeepers would cry “doe den tap toe” meaning “turn off the taps!” as the fifes and drums of the local regiment signalled the soldiers to return to their barracks.
- Headliners for the 2023 Tattoo include the Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy, the regimental band of the 15th Field Artillery, and the RCMP “E” Division Pipes and Drums as we celebrate the 150th anniversary of the establishment of the RCMP.
- The annual “tribute to the veterans” will commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Sicily Invasion and the start of the Italian Campaign.
- Tickets are now on sale with significant discounts for seniors, current and former members of the Military, RCMP, First Responders, Health Care workers and groups of 10 or more.
- For more information check out the Tattoo website at: www.okanagantattoo.ca